Is your oral health operating at its maximum? Did you know that your diet could be holding you back? Do you know what are considered bad foods for your smile? For a small list of things in your diet you may want to avoid, see the following:
– Products that are by nature highly acidic are capable of eroding the tooth enamel and should be limited or avoided altogether.
– Be safe when biting into any foods or substances that may seem tough or hard, as they are more than capable of breaking teeth.
– Sugary foods and foods high in carbohydrates are unsafe for your health and your teeth. Avoid sugary sweets and treats, as they can be converted into harmful acids in your mouth that cause dental damage.
– Sticky and chewy foods can act as additional oral health care risks because they linger long after mealtime. The longer substances are in contact with your teeth and gums, the longer tooth decay and gum disease are at an elevated risk.
– Never eat acidic products as snacks, but instead add them to larger meals to help offset the acids.
If you would like a professional oral health care treatment from Dental Care at our office in Vineland, New Jersey, please contact us at 856-691-2553. Dr. Frank Pettisani and the rest of our team will ensure you get the healthy smile you desire.